- What are you afraid of examples?
- What is the meaning of dark?
- What does have a scare mean?
- What is the word for causing fear?
- What is the meaning of I’m afraid?
- How do you become afraid of something?
- What are the 10 most common fears?
- How do you describe someone who is scared?
- What is it called when someone scares you?
- What does it mean to be afraid of something?
What are you afraid of examples?
What makes us afraid.
Snakes, the dark, rejection, love, spiders, the unknown, public speaking, flying, storms, failure — though the reasons are varied, we are all hardwired to feel fear..
What is the meaning of dark?
1a : a place or time of little or no light : night, nightfall get home before dark. b : absence of light : darkness afraid of the dark. 2a : a color of low or very low lightness : a dark or deep color —usually plurala painter who uses a lot of darks.
What does have a scare mean?
a strong, sudden feeling of being frightened: You gave me a real scare. a situation in which people are very afraid that something bad will happen: After his health scare, he started exercising more. (Definition of scare from the Cambridge Academic Content Dictionary © Cambridge University Press)
What is the word for causing fear?
Causing apprehension, fear or alarm. alarming. frightening. scary. scaring.
What is the meaning of I’m afraid?
1. used for politely telling someone something that might make them sad, disappointed, or angry, for example when you cannot do what they want or do not agree with them. Things haven’t been going very well here, I’m afraid. I’m afraid (that): I’m afraid that I can’t accept this job.
How do you become afraid of something?
When it perceives a threat, the amygdala triggers nervous responses and stimulates the production of hormones that affect the body. It’s also connected to the hippocampus, where we store our memories, so that it can remind us to be afraid when we encounter the same threat again.
What are the 10 most common fears?
There are many things people are fearful of, but here are the ten most common phobias:Pteromerhanophobia: fear of flying. … Claustrophobia: fear of enclosed spaces. … Entomophobia: fear of insects. … Ophidiophobia: fear of snakes. … Cynophobia: fear of dogs. … Astraphobia: fear of storms. … Trypanophobia: fear of needles.More items…•
How do you describe someone who is scared?
If someone is slightly afraid of something that is going to happen in the future, we could describe them as apprehensive. A timid person is shy and nervous, while a more negative word for someone who is not brave is cowardly, usually implying that they were too scared to do what was morally right.
What is it called when someone scares you?
intimidate. verb. to frighten someone or make them feel nervous.
What does it mean to be afraid of something?
If you are afraid of someone or afraid to do something, you are frightened because you think that something very unpleasant is going to happen to you.